Brown Sugar - Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Cookies 🐻🍪🍪 Crispy edges. Soft, tender, semi-gooey insides. These hit you right in the autumn! 😍 - - -
easy weeknight dinner? beef stroganoff on my blog :)
I don’t usually post recipes on my profile but I could not keep this one to myself! 🤷🏻♀️
Last year around this time, I was waking up at 3AM to go to my pastry internship. I would make huge sheets of brownies every couple of days and that’s how this recipe came about. It’s a way smaller batch of course but still has that 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐘 inside. 🤫😍😍
The best thing is that It is from scratch and is super easy to make too. I will show you a step by step of how to make it on my story and highlights under brownies as well! 👏🏼
* 8 oz 70% bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped (228grams)
* 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into smaller chunks (85 grams)
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed (85 grams)
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100grams)
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (40grams)
* First preheat the oven to 350F ( 175Celsius), then grease and line an 8X8 inch (20X20cm)baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
* Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it in a wide pot of almost simmering water. Stir it frequently until the mixture is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and add in the butter and the light brown sugar. whisk until completely combined and set aside.
* In a medium bowl or in your stand mixer bowl, add in the eggs, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat either with a handheld mixer of stand mixer until the eggs are thick and lighter in color. This process will take about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture and then fold in the flour.
* Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the brownie in the pan then gently remove it from the pan using the parchment paper. Slice and enjoy!
Please make sure to tag me if you end up making This recipe, and don’t forget to use #lifestyleofafoodie
Now excuse me while I take my 🍑 to the gym because these are totally decadent!
chocolate chip scone recipe!!!! guys, i’ve done did it. this recipe is one of the best things i’ve ever whipped up, no joke. thankful for accidentally messing up @kalejunkie ‘s tahini chocolate chip recipe bc it inspired all this goodness.
recipe (gf, df, paleo)
1 3/4 cup almond flour
2/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (i was low but get crazy, ya know)
optional: coconut sugar for sprinkling on top
mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. make it into a large ball and then flatten it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. cut into triangles and pull apart slightly. sprinkle with coconut sugar if desired
bake @ 375 for 10-12 mins.
eat ‘em up!
we’re baaaaaaack🍾 WINE NIGHT! TONIGHT! 6-10, come taste this sexy natural wine line-up c/o @leftbankseattle , and nibble bites from @lokifish . (you want this in your life, TRUST US✌️)
My dad held up this hot hot pan so I could snap a pic. .
Absolute favorite favorite favorite fall vegetable —> delicata squash. It’s SO EASY. U Just cut it in half (not even hard to do like spaghetti squash), scoop out seeds, cut into 1/4 inch pieces, sprinkle with olive oil, s + p, any any spices (I did Italian seasoning). Roast at 400 for 25 mins and you golden. .
It’s also absolutely gorgeous which helps. I ate it with pasta yesterday because why not.
The comfort food of ALL comfort foods 🙌🏼 Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese aka fall in a bowl 🤤 (swipe for a before pic) I saw one lonely butternut squash at the grocery store the other day and figured I would put it to good use 🍂 If you haven’t upped your Mac and cheese game- I highly suggest! Hope your week is off to a great start ☀️ BUTTERNUT SQUASH MAC & CHEESE
* 2.5 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped * 2 cups pasta noodles of choice * 2.5 cups almond milk
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp pepper
* 1 tsp oregano * 1.5 cups cheddar cheese * Toppings of choice (oregano, parmesan, thyme, parsley, etc)
1. Peel and cut the butternut squash in half
2. Scoop out the seeds and dispose of them. Cut squash into small cubes
3. Boil a large pot of water and add squash cubes to boiling water. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until soft
4. Prepare pasta by following the instructions on packaging
5. Once the squash is soft, drain out the water from the pot using a coriander and let cool for a few minutes
6. Add prepared squash, almond milk, salt, pepper, and oregano to a blender and blend until smooth to make a purée
7. Add squash purée back into the original pot and warm over medium heat for 3-5 minutes
8. Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted
9. Add cooked noodles to cheese sauce. Serve in a bowl with Parmesan cheese and your herbs of choice (oregano, parsley, thyme, etc) or add extra salt and pepper as needed
Nothing like being surprised with a #vegan cooking class for your birthday! 🥑🎉⠀
Learning fritters, enchiladas, jalapeño cashew crema, and coconut whipped cream-topped chocolate pot de creme with Chef Robin in #LA!⠀
Chicken breast stuffed with some mozzarella, feta and sun dried tomatoes 🤗. It is laying on the nice bed of wild rice 🍚
Take your chicken breast, cut it with sharp big knife like you cut your burger bun. Stuff with two types of cheese and add some sun dried tomatoes 🍅😌. Add some tooth sticks to help it not to open up while being in the oven. Cook it in the oven for 20-25 min, 180C. #stuffedchickenbreast#fitfood#chickenrecipes
Dinner for two 🥂
Fish with scallion sriracha pesto, Brussels Sprouts and ginger rice 👌🏼 I loved the sriracha pesto! Easy to make and would probably go well with any fish. I think I’ll try it with salmon next.
For the Scallion Sriracha Pesto combine:
2 unit Scallions (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp sugar
Juice from half a lime
Salt and pepper
The only things you need in your life: Roasted Pears + Halloumi 💥 Check out the recipe below for a grown up grilled cheese recipe & thank us later!
Roasted Pear and Halloumi Sandwich
2 medium ripe but firm pears, such as Bosc or d’Anjou, cored and cut into ½” thick wedges
2 tablespoons @manukahoneywellness honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 lightly-packed cup basil leaves
½ lightly-packed cup parsley leaves
½ lightly-packed cup mint leaves
⅓ cup toasted almonds
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
Salt to taste
1 package (8oz) Mt VikosⓇ Halloumi, cut crosswise into 8 slices
Two 4½” squares focaccia, halved crosswise
Very thinly sliced red onion
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. On a medium baking sheet toss pears with honey and lemon juice and spread out in a single layer. Roast, stirring gently every 10 minutes, until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor combine basil, parsley, mint, almonds, Parmesan, and garlic. Pulse until finely ground. With processor running, add ½ cup oil in a thin stream until combined. Add salt to taste.
4. In a medium nonstick skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add halloumi and cook, turning once until browned on both sides.
5. Lay bottom pieces of focaccia on a countertop and spread with a little pesto. Divide halloumi and pears between focaccia, then top with onion and big spoonfuls of pesto. Place remaining bread on top and serve.
I drank so much wine that the carpet matches the grapes.
Had a fantastic NYW&FF, thank you to everyone who came out to support @fireballnyc 🖤
Special thanks to my new best friend, Casey, for doing a shot with me. Go watch #ManVFood on @cookingchannel to see him take on foods almost hotter than @fireballwhisky 🔥
Do you know what tastes & smells amazing? Fresh baked bread. 🍞
Skip the store bought stuff guys! You’re going to LOVE this recipe. It’s a game changer.
Recipe link in bio-> @castironrecipesofficial