정말 급 여행.
원래 있던 다카마쓰 여행까지 취소하고 날라온 #보라카이
5년 전 오고 두 번 다시 안올거라 생각했는데 또 올줄이야
그래도 재개장 후 좀 달라졌을까 기대를🙏🏻
터뷸런스 땜에 돌아오느라 비행시간도 더 길어졌고, 공항에서 보트선착장까지 한시간, 보트 타고 내려서 또 트라이시클..
새벽 4시반 리조트 체크인...
여행 시작부터 이미 지쳤😰
그래도 눈 떠서 파아란 하늘 보니 오길 잘했나?!
(한국은 이때 태풍으로 난리난리. 태풍 피해서 온 듯)
We have now left Boracay after 26 days on this beautiful island. We’ve very much enjoyed our slow time on Boracay. This might be an island that offers a lot of activities but (in our books) it doesn’t offer very many outings. We visited Willy’s Rock, Puka Beach, Diwindi Beach and a lovely little local market. But other than that all our time was spent either in our hotel, on White Beach or in D-Mall (the busy outside shopping center next to the beach). So the perfect island for slow time if you’re travelling with children (if you’re travelling without kids however the island can be the adrenaline part of your trip). Here are some of our (most personal) observations we’ve done during our time on Boracay:
- the efforts to become a plasticfree island is far from completed, but we do appreciate that only once were we offered a plastic straw with our drinks and almost always did we leave the shops with paper bags or a box 👍
- We very much appreciated yet another environmental friendly change the island has done, e-trikes (electrical tricykles) have been introduced. They are a little bit more expensive than the ordinary trikes, but a lot more comfortable and obviously better for the environment 👍
- On Boracay it’s cheaper NOT to haggle a price for the tricycle ride. Just give the driver 10-20 pesos per head when you get to your destination.
- The snorkelling wasn’t very impressive (however, we didn’t go out on a boat, maybe that would have offered more)
- There is A LOT of western food about, and it’s usually very good. - The sunsets 🌅 are picture perfect almost every single night.
- White Beach is incredibly clean.
- The government’s regulations following the closing of the island for six months in 2018 have resulted in the closing of several hotels which are now abandoned or under construction, many of the roads are also under construction. So there’s a overhanging feeling of being in the middle of a construction site in big parts of the island.
- Daniel wasn’t at all exotic with his tattoos (which we’ve found in other parts of the Philippines). Leaving Boracay brought tears to Lucy’s and Alicia’s eyes because of the beautiful friendships we’ve made 💕